“Not only is it important to catch hold of the company’s mission and vision, it is equally important to have in place a road map that shows how a process is communicated and done from start to finish.”
With tenacity, Jody thrives on seeing a job well done, providing business leaders with clear and accurate information, and keeping an open mind to learning. She credits prayer and perseverance as the keys to her success.
Jody chooses to make a positive difference in whatever comes her way by listening, learning and living by the Golden Rule.
She adheres to a servant leadership model, which seeks a win-win outcome for all.
“My work ethic is strong, and my demeanor generally easy and calm. I do my best to listen with an objective ear, and take time to process before reacting,” she says. “Never taking a client for granted, I go beyond standard practices to bring success for the people I am fortunate to serve.”
Jody has a long history of working with organizations of various sizes in administrative roles as well as launching her own businesses. She has also been a Realtor for over 30 years. A highlight of her career was when she was able to combine her expertise in office management and real estate as the Locally-Engaged Office Manager for the Consulate General of Canada in Denver. For five years, she managed owned and leased properties of Her Majesty’s Crown. She was able to work with the U.S. State Department, and among other duties, had an emphasis on material and asset management, making sure that supplies were ordered, inventoried, and that artwork and other investments were counted and preserved.
A lifelong learner, Jody has a vast educational background. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with minor in Theology; Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction; and PhD work in Biblical Counseling and Religious Studies. She is also a licensed real estate broker and insurance producer and has earned certificates in life coaching.
Overall, Jody is motived by her family and faith.
“The older I get, the more I realize how important it is to do things with grace and excellence,” she says. “Getting up every day and saying, ‘Thank you for my blessings and new opportunities.’ ”
Jody is a Colorado native, born in Pueblo, who lives in Littleton. Additionally, she’s lived in over 17 states and England, and loves to travel.
“My family is my heart and I enjoy traveling the world with them,” she says.
When it comes to free time, reading and writing are two of Jody’s passions. She also enjoys volunteering for/with others who encounter challenges in life’s journey and supporting missionaries with their special needs. She also loves “trying to play golf, and hiking and biking through this beautiful world!”
- Colorado Christian University, Lakewood, Colorado, Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction, 1996
- Colorado Baptist University (Southwest Baptist University), Denver, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with minor in Sociology/Theology
- Denver Seminary, Denver, 17 hours of graduate level Psychology and Psychological Testing Methods, 1990
- LES Assistants to Program Managers, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2007
- Department Foreign Affairs – International Trade, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Computer Skills, Diplomatic Writing, Protocol, Language training, 2006-2011
- Trinity Seminary, Newburgh, Indiana, Doctor of Religious Studies Candidate with Emphasis on Counseling
Former Employment Positions
- Office Manager/Payroll, Nu-Look Driveways, Inc., Littleton, Colorado
- Broker Associate, Brokers Guild, Cherry Creek, Ltd., Lakewood, Colorado
- ISU Accounting and Booking Technician, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Dept., Golden, Colorado
- Insurance Producer, Premier Financial Benefits LLC
- Office Manager, Consulate General of Canada, Denver
- Broker, St. Ives Real Estate LLC, Littleton, Colorado
- Owner/Counselor, Cornerstone Counseling and Consulting Center, Lakewood, Colorado
- Supervisor, Talent Tree, Denver